An Introduction to International Arbitration
Cambridge University Press, 8/13/2015
EAN 9781107111073, ISBN10: 1107111072
Hardcover, 392 pages, 22.8 x 15.2 x 2.5 cm
This concise yet comprehensive textbook introduces the reader to the law and practice of international arbitration. Arbitration is a complex field due to the variety of disciplines involved and necessitates an approach that takes nothing for granted. Written by a renowned scholar and practitioner, this book explains the divergent issues of civil procedure, contracts, conflict of laws, international law amongst others in an accessible manner. Focusing mainly on international commercial arbitration, the book also features a distinct chapter on consumer and online arbitration and an equally comprehensive chapter on international investment arbitration.
1. Introduction to international arbitration
2. The laws and rules applicable to arbitration
3. The agreement to arbitrate
4. The arbitral tribunal
5. Arbitration and the courts
6. The conduct of arbitral proceedings
7. Arbitral awards and challenges against awards
8. Recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards
9. Consumer and online arbitration
10. Investment arbitration.